Aboard Tren Crucero: An Unforgettable Experience
Have you gone to Ecuador? If you have, and you didn’t get aboard the fabulous “Tren Crucero” (Cruise Train), you didn’t have the best experience from Ecuador. Book now and get the best prices; only we know when it’s going to be cheaper for you!
Get ready to be picked up by Galapagos Center Expedition at your hotel in Quito, because this trip will leave the best impression on you! This fantastic train journey goes from Quito, the capital city, to the coasts of Guayaquil and back!
1. Train features
This is the best train in South America. To prove it, there are many important awards that can show you the quality of the services they offer.
- This is not a conventional train, and that’s why it’s called a ‘cruise’: It has the comfort, luxury and amenities that only a cruise (like the cruises we offer) could give you in five wagons full of fun.
- The Cruise Train is not just a means of transportation to get from the Andes to the Pacific Ocean: it is the most modern train that, after being restored with vintage features, can offer the best services without losing its first class.
- It is run by electric energy and basic services.
- Apart from all these facts, this is a patrimonial train, so you’ll have a ride on a true gem!
In the final years of the XIX century and the first years of the XX century, there was a man who could not stop thinking in progress for Ecuador. This former president of the country, Eloy Alfaro, thought of a railroad system that would connect the whole country from the coast to the Andes, and would bring many advances in transportation and communication.
- This idea was the beginning of modernization and the main axis to develop the different businesses around Ecuador.
- It constituted the very symbol of the national union for all the country.
3. The journey
In Quito, Chimbacalle station is the first step to get into the wilderness of Ecuador.
- The train will depart from the very heart of Quito.
- After some minutes, you will be out of the civilization to get into the famous “Avenue of the Volcanoes”: a road including the most famous volcanoes in Ecuador, such as Chimborazo and Cotopaxi!
- The route goes through “El Boliche”, belonging to Cotopaxi National Park, where you will be able to observe snowy volcanoes from the comfort of your private room!
- The train continues to the south, going through lagoons, bridges, cordilleras and the highest heights, and then it will arrive to Durán, the final station.
But wait! Before getting there, here’s a surprise for you: you will cross “La Nariz del Diablo” (The Devil’s Nose), and after that, you will change from the Cruise train to another train! Would you like to know which one? Come with us!
Only $92 separate you from some days of relax at the most comfortable and historic train in South America. Are you going to lose this chance? Really? We know you won’t… Book now and see all of those beauties by yourself!