Galapagos Center Expeditions in the concern to safeguard the safety of people who decide to visit Ecuador and aim to protect them from the Covid-19 pandemic declared by the World Health Organization on March 11, 2020, we developed the following standards of prevention.
We follow all the rules issued by the Ministry of Tourism, Ministry of Public Health and National Agency of Regulation, Control and Sanitary Surveillance.
- Operation Protocol of the Tourist Land Transport Service during the Traffic Lights.
- MTT6-PRT-008 (General Protocol of Biosecurity Measures for Tourist Services Agencies, Tour Operators and Travel Agencies at the time of reopening)
DRIVER AND PASSENGER MEASURES
- The driver will wear appropriate clothing (biosafety suits, surgical or appropriate mask, glasses or biosafety lenses)
- Driver’s presence: short nails and no accessories
- We have a symptom monitoring protocol for our drivers.
- We will disinfect passengers’ shoes with disinfection trays and passengers’ luggage by spraying quaternary ammonium 5th generation or alcohol before boarding the unit
- We will check that the passengers carry the safety implements (adequate clothing, surgical or appropriate mask and glasses)
- Keep the distance between people at least 2 meters (private services)
- Passengers may travel with a maximum of 1 item of hand luggage and must place the rest of the luggage in the trunk.
- We will keep the windows easy to open for air circulation.
- Prohibited the consumption of food inside the unit, in the case of buying on the road in suggested places that comply with the measures of biosecurity, use of toilets or stop requested by the passenger should use the bottle with water and liquid soap provided for hand washing and disinfection of things purchased before returning to the unit.
- If the passenger presents any symptoms, he must immediately inform the driver, who will comply with the procedure for which he was trained.
- Just can travel together:
- People with underage children
- As a companion of a person with a disability
- Belong to the same family group
Without affecting the established capacity of the unit